Monday, April 19, 2010

This Is Crown Heights

I opened my eyes to the sun.

Sleeping in after a night out always seems like a good idea, except that I forgot to take out my contacts....The world is blurry, and my head hurts.

I pry open my window just a crack, and hear the sounds of a boisterous BBQ on a stoop nearby. I’m in pain from a hangover, but the smell spurs my interest and overrules my comfortable bed. I hit the stereo, turn the volume down, and lean into a nice cool shower. Donning some fresh clothes, and it's a quick stroll down the stairs to sunshine, blooming flowers, and that evervesent BBQ smell.

It’s hot and it's only April -this is amazing! I see a street full of smiles, haircuts, and good vibes. I make my way down to Franklin Ave, hit up the local coffee spot Breukelencoffee.com, and I’m on my way.

I'm smiling as well. I know, with those of us in the know, that this is the spot and the only place that people are having this nice of a morning.

This is Crown Heights.

My name is Eli and I love Crown Heights.

(Guest Post)

No comments: